What is Axonics Therapy?
Axonics Therapy is an effective solution for treatingsymptoms of overactive bladder(including urinary urgency incontinence), bowel(fecal)incontinence and urinary retention. This therapy is clinically proven to help people regain bladder and bowel control.
What are the benefits of Axonics Therapy?
Axonics Therapy provides you with a long-term treatment solutionthat:-Safely delivers therapy with a miniaturized implant
- Is designed to provide therapy for at least 15 years
- Is MRI compatible, allowing you to undergo a full-body MRI
- Clinically proven to provide symptom relief*
How does Axonics Therapy work?
Axonics Therapy provides gentle stimulation to the nerves that control the bladder and bowel, which can restore normal control and result in symptom improvement.
The Evaluation Step: To see if Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will undergo a short period of therapy using a temporary system. The evaluation period allows you to experience the level of symptom relief the therapy may provide before you commit to long-term therapy.
Long-term Therapy: If you and your doctor determine that Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will have an outpatient procedure where the miniaturized Axonics implant is placed just beneath the skin in the upper part of your buttock.
Who is a good candidate for Axonics Therapy?
It is up to you and Dr. Pazona to determine if you are a good candidate for Axonics Therapy. Axonics Therapy is an approved treatment for patients suffering with:
- Overactive bladder (OAB)-the urgent need to urinate which may result in frequent urinary and/or incontinence (leakage) episodes
- Urinary urgency frequency-the need to urinate 8 or more times a day
- Urinary urgency incontinence (UUI)-the urgent need to urinate or trouble holding urine before making it to the restroom
- Fecal (bowel) incontinence -sudden urges to pass stool and experience leakage of stool before making it to the restroom
- Nonobstructive urinary retention (UR) –the inability to empty the bladder which results in symptoms of frequent urination or trouble urinating
Axonics Therapy is indicated for patients who have failed conservative treatments, such as lifestyle changes, physical therapy, or medications.
Clinically Proven. Patient Approved.
Backed by clinical studies, Axonics Therapy is clinically proven to regain bladder and bowel control and deliver clinically meaningful improvement in quality of life. In a clinical study of patients with urinary urgency incontinence(after 6 months of therapy)
- 93% of patients were satisfied with their therapy*
- 90% of patients experienced a ≥50% reduction in Urge Urinary Incontinence symptoms*
- <2% of patients reported discomfort at the implant site.